On-campus Resources



Location: University Union, Suite 409
Email: careteam@unt.edu
Phone: 940-565-4373
The CARE Team is a collaborative interdisciplinary committee of university officials that meets regularly to discuss and create an action plan for students exhibiting behaviors indicative of high risk.

Child and Family Resource Clinic


Location: Matthews Hall Annex
Email: coe-info@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-2066
The Child and Family Resource Clinic (CFRC) is a counseling and training clinic that serves the Denton County community. The CFRC offers counseling to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families for issues including learning, emotional, and adjustment difficulties. 


Collegiate Recovery Program (CRP)

Location: Chilton Hall, Room 136
Email: recovery@unt.edu
Phone: 940-369-5358
The Collegiate Recovery Program utilizes peer support and existing resources to enhance opportunities for students recovering from substance use disorders, behavioral (process) addictions and mental health illnesses.

Counseling and Human Development Center

Location: Welch Street Complex 2
Email: coe-info@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-2970
The Counseling and Human Development Center (CHDC) was established in 1987 to provide a wide range of affordable counseling services to individuals and families in Denton and surrounding areas. 

Counseling and Testing Services

Location: Chestnut Hall, Suite 311
Email: counselingandtestingservices@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-2741
Counseling and Testing Services cultivates resilience, supports personal growth and promotes safety within the UNT community through several short-term counseling options and a variety of services and programs.

Office of Disability Access

Location: Sage Hall, Suite 167
Email: Apply.ODA@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-4323
The Office of Disability Access helps students learn more about their disabilities, develop techniques to facilitate individual learning styles, learn how to talk to faculty and staff about their needs and develop strategies to achieve their goals.

Psychology Clinic

Location: Southeast corner of Mulberry and Ave C
Phone: (940) 565-2631
The Psychology Clinic is a non-profit clinic that serves as a supervised training facility for advanced Ph.D.-level student clinicians and offers individual, group, marriage and family and play therapy and a variety of evaluation services.

Student Health and Wellness Center

Location: Chestnut Hall, 2nd Floor
Email: askSHWC@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-2333
The Student Health and Wellness Center provides treatment for physical and mental health issues, including mild cases of depression, anxiety and other common mental health issues. For more complex cases, patients can be referred to psychiatric nurse practitioners for psychiatric evaluations, medication evaluation and psychopharmacological treatments. Students struggling with stress management can attend health education programming to learn positive coping skills and learn about other on-campus resources.

Substance Abuse Resource Center (SARC)

Location: University Union, Suite 376C
Email: sarc@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-3177
The Substance Abuse Resource Center (SARC) offers a compassionate, professional and individualized approach to student success regarding substance use. SARC also provides a variety of educational programming.


Location: Chilton Hall, Suite 130
Email: untwell@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-3598
UNT’s Wellness and Employment Learning Lab (UNTWELL) offers services to UNT students to help them with their personal or academic goals, including vocational exploration, psychosocial adjustment to disability and building interpersonal strengths. Students are seen by advanced graduate students with supervision from a licensed professional counselor supervisor and other licensed and certified faculty members.


Health and Wellness at UNT

Watch this video highlighting the services we provide to help you maintain your physical and mental health while you attend UNT!