Support for health and wellness are an important part of UNT’s campus culture. UNT’s Counseling Center and Student Health and Wellness Center offer counseling, suicide prevention training, psychiatric health and well-being care, and consultation services with our dieticians in confidential settings. Located on campus in Chestnut Hall, the centers also assist students through innovative programs that include animal assisted therapy, massage therapy and a newly created MindSpa.
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Counseling and Testing Center
- UNT Care Team
- Psychology Clinic
- Psychological services for active military and veterans
- Individual counseling
- Counseling outreach
- Group counseling and workshops
- Office of Disability Accommodation
- The Meadows Center for Health Resources
- Wellness and health promotion
- Substance Abuse Resource Center (SARC)
- The Collegiate Recovery Program at UNT
- UNT police department
Resources in the Denton community:
Denton, Texas 76201
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center: A Comprehensive Approach to Suicide Prevention
- Financial Stress and Other Mental Health Resources
Assistance for faculty and staff:
When seeking help from UNT mental health professionals, your health information will remain confidential in accordance with federal and state laws.
Other ways to maintain a healthy mind and body:
Student Health and Wellness Center
- Location: 1800 West Chestnut Street at the corner of Avenue D
- Contact: 940-565-2333
- Location: 1800 West Chestnut Street at the corner of Avenue D, Suite 311
- Contact: 940-565-2741
Experiencing a crisis?
Denton County MHMR Crisis Line 1-800-762-0157(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
In a life threatening emergency, dial 911.
Health and Wellness at UNT
Watch this video highlighting the services we provide to help you maintain your physical and mental health while you attend UNT!
Counseling and Testing Services
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Healing Arts Drop-In Group
- Group Counseling Program Spring 2016 Schedule